Thursday, February 12, 2009

Kay Gardner - Moon Circles

God Bless my mom. Raising me as a single mother in the early 70's must have been tuff. My upbringing in San Francisco from 1969 to 1981 was precious and irreplaceable. In fact, it was her records that dialed my tastes. Sure, she had all the usual suspects, the ones we all thumb past now in the dollar bins. But, it was her collection that enabled me to inherit gems like Jimmy McGriff's "Soul Sugar" and this fine hippy nugget, Kay Gardners "Moon Circles". A lot was going on in the womens' movement during the 70's and we now have a treasure trove of progressive womens music to enjoy. On a label called Wise Women Enterprises this flute, guitar, cello and hand drum record put me to sleep as a child many times. Hopefully it won't have that effect on you. But, if it gets close, then the desired effect is reached.
I've included one entire side of this LP, with both "Inner Moods", "Touching Souls" and "Lunamuse".


4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. can you please tell me how i can find Wise Woman off the moon circles ...i cant find it anywhere!

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you still need it, I came across this again recently...let me know. Perhaps I can upload it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'd looooooove to hear all tracks of this album, the ones you put up her are amazing. THANK YOU!!

    ReplyDelete