Monday, July 20, 2009

Van Twist - Hot Wax

Seems we're on instrumentals at the moment. This is a good thing. Especially when sizzler hot tracks like this are loaded into the barrel of the audio gun. I stumbled onto this track somehow, and perhaps I had the info or song title wrong, so I couldn't find it for the life of me. Now that I have, I share it with you. It's a relatively common record, when you have the proper title and name, just a little more rare when you don't have your shit straight. This is the b side to their version of Shaft which I will say is quite terrible. I believe the year is '84 and these cats put together some synth and bass lines and rounded it out with a bit of the ole cowbell. Nice. It's one of my favorite instrumentals at the moment and perfect for setting the mood at a outdoor dj gig, or summer bbq. Enter Van Twist.

No comments:

Post a Comment