Monday, December 7, 2009

Phill And Friends Band - This Man

From the depths of some sort of cosmic hell comes this serious head nodding masterpiece. I don't have a clue in the world who Phill and Friends are. But, they made this smooth moving, pulsating and volcanic groove that goes back and forth between exploring space frontiers and chanting at satanic rituals. There's so much life in this track it can't be missed or passed up. At a whopping 9 minutes it doesn't lose any potency or waver in its constant changing groove. In fact, all the transitions and different modes work so well together. It just keeps charging forward and becomes hypnotic. When I first heard it, I had to have it, and nothing could be found about Phill or ANY of his buddies. Nothing about Phill, his friends, or his band. Argh! But, man.. when you hear this! It winds back in forth like some sort of haunted disco made by the singer for the Q65. It even features some backing vocal bits by the cosmic version of sesame streets' cookie monster. wow. You'll see what I mean. I was once asked to describe what 'Cosmic' was.. well, fuck if I know. But, if I could answer with a song.. this would be it.

Phill And Friends Band - This Man

2 comments: