Friday, April 3, 2009

Jones Girls - Nights Over Egypt

A classic from the Jones Girls. A smooth laid back mid tempo funk cut. Perfect for summer time groovin'. Inspired by the mid tempo night a few weeks back when Dam Funk came through. I wasn't able to make it, so here's my contribution. From their 1981 LP "Get as much love as you can", something we should all live by. What brought this tune to mind for me was running into Frank Quarterbaum aka DJ Rasta Q-tip. He's experiencing some major health issues at the moment. All of us are getting older it seems and these things pop up more and more often. So, this is a special dedication to him... to get better, and to remember what's important in life, the people and the music. We hit it off many years ago trading discoveries and obscurities when he worked at a local record spot. This was one track he put me up on. He's an inspiration to me and always has been. I hope his health gets better, and we will have him in our thoughts, and update you here with his benefit shows as they are organized. Frank, my man, my heart goes out to you, may you get better and may you continue rockin' it.

Jones Girls - Nights Over Egypt

No comments:

Post a Comment