Saturday, January 21, 2012

Steneboofs - Simigwado

I've been getting my African records from a number different sources these days. So much good stuff has been coming my way. It is indeed a shame I haven't had the time to keep up with my own 'new arrivals' section and post them here.  But, here I am... trying to do my best to share, because some of this stuff is so damn good it's hard to deny sharing. The organizing and filing at my house has gone from bad to worse. Now being involved with the record shop I'm getting stuff I don't even need or want to put 'IN' the shop and I'm always taking home a treat or two from things I learn about or listen to AT the shop.
The one source I'm constantly still returning to and constantly in debt to is my friend Juan. I know I've done some nice things for him and been there his time of need for at least of few times, but now the shoe is on the other foot. I owe him both credit and proper respect and good ole cold hard cash. One of the records he slipped me at the last record show was this one by The Steneboofs. It's basically Gyedu Blay Ambolley recording this song under the group 'Steneboofs' for this particular release.
I don't know why and think it's quite strange that this song 'Simigwado' didn't make it on the Simigwa album.
Oh yeah, and THIS looks exceptionally interesting...
http://vimeo.com/18737848

But, homie Juan has done some interesting stuff with his research and record digging in Africa. One thing in particular is his interview with Gyedu-Blay Ambolley.



check it out HERE> http://digging4gold.tumblr.com/post/3216534913/first-rapper-ever

I'm also thankful for the awesome Taran aka Fat Headphones for all the African goodness he's brought my way. He's brought some incredible items to the shop and laced me with some dope albums that will be on the pages of Sound Boutique very soon. Things like Joe Mensah, Goddy and one of my faves from Rick Asikpo.

You can check a nice write up about him HERE>
http://www.forearsake.com/2011/10/vinyl-lovers-is-monthly-post-that.html#more


Steneboofs - Simigwado

No comments:

Post a Comment