Sunday, August 15, 2010

Jaye Williams - Let Me Be The One

This is just simply a monster track. Serious UK Boogie Funk heat. My motto - 'All Killer, No Filler'. Here's a prime example. Jaye had another juicy nugget, "Eternally Yours" on the same label, also bomb stuff.
I ripped this for a homie that requested it, and originally would have seen her in L.A. this weekend. So, I thought I'd post it here. Plans had to shift and I won't be down south until next month. So, A. Cooper... enjoy this and see you soon!
Speaking of homies.. I recently caught up with a long lost friend and serious vinyl king. We hadn't spoke in years. Not much has changed, we're both still super fiendy for the really rare records. We've both gone through all kinds of up and downs in our parenting experiences, tried our best to keep our vinyl habits at bay, and enjoyed being dads. James and I were chatting on the phone about records and he told me about his site.
http://discokid.net/
It's a freakin' amazing site. Tons of incredibly rare records, all super tasty. Nice tracks, cool mixes, and funny video clips. He's a stickler for top condition and always discovering and sharing lethally rad tracks. It kept me up til' 6am the other day, and I've still gotta go back for more. He's added a few monsters to my wantlist, and I spent the rest of that evening picking my jaw off the floor. Too bad I'll spend the rest of my life savings as well. As he says on his site, sometimes going without food, just to get a particular tune. Nice one mate.




Jaye Williams - Let Me Be The One

No comments:

Post a Comment