Friday, December 10, 2010

Sweet Linda Divine - I'll Say It Again

In part to fulfill my promise to post this track and also a chance for a moment of deep recognition of Linda Tillery. I went with my daughter and my lady to see Linda at the free UC Berkeley show. It was amazing. Linda was as zesty, interesting and full of soul as one could be. She takes a sec to rap with the audience in between songs and her musical canvas is impressive and vast. Linda, three other women, and two men all sat around Congas and Drums in a semi circle. The scats and melodies that came from all of their vocals were impressive. The history of music that they shared and presented was educational. I highly recommend their show if you've got kids. It was funny enlightening and happy. When I showed Linda the LP for her to sign she was amazed to see it after some time. But, other fans had stories of living in her same block and memories of certain 'music houses'. I did get a change to tell her how much her music affected me, and what it meant to me now being influenced by the Bay Area music scene.
When I initially posted a bit about Linda I couldn't quite find this LP. Now, that it's here in my clutches once again, we've got to get it on here. So, here we go. Another choice Linda Tillery offering and another heavy concrete piece of Bay Area soul music.




Sweet Linda Divine - I'll Say It Again

No comments:

Post a Comment